Rooney eager to emulate Giggs


Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney is eager to emulate Ryan Giggs and cannot imagine ever wanting to leave Old Trafford.

Twenty-three-year-old Rooney is keen to stay with the Premier League and UEFA Champions League champions for as long as he is wanted and he hopes to add to his medal collection.

The former Everton forward has already won two English top-flight accolades and the European Cup, but he hopes to notch as many winners' medals and appearances as Welsh veteran Giggs.

At 34, Giggs has won 10 league titles, lifted the Champions League on two occasions and sampled four successful campaigns in the FA Cup, hitting 768 United appearances in the process.

And Rooney would welcome a career to match his team-mate's, telling MUTV: "I want to stay at this club as long as I am wanted. I want to keep playing and scoring goals.
Fantastic

"But if I am anywhere near what Ryan has achieved when I am his age, I would be really pleased.

"The games he has played and what he is won is fantastic."

Rooney is just one short of 100 goals in club football and will try to reach his century when Hull visit Old Trafford on Saturday.

"To score 100 goals in club football hopeful nice just it doesn't really bother me," he said.

"Winning is the most important thing. I will look back when I have finished my career but I am only young. I prefer to score more than 100 and keep scoring, so it is no

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: